Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Consequently, a contest is being held to design a new mascot that blends elements of the current mascot but with a fresher, more current look. In this way, the mascot reflects the campus’ legacy as the first regional campus in the state and its visionary future.
A $200 gift certificate to the OU-C bookstore will be awarded to the creator of the winning submission. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges representing the art department and other facets of the campus, with OU-C’s athletics coaches making the final decision. Entries will be judged on artistic value and how well the mascot is representative of the campus and its athletics teams. The redesigned mascot will be used in several promotional efforts such as being reproduced on the Shoemaker Center gymnasium wall, on the campus’ web site, on game programs, shirts, hats and other promotional items and other uses and venues.
For more information, contact OU-C athletics director Kim McKimmy at email@example.com.
Criteria for the contest include:
• The contest is open to current OU-C students, faculty and staff members and former OU-C students
• Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on April 6 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Entries should be submitted in PDF or jpeg formats (minimum of 300 DPI)
• The design must continue to reflect the ‘Hilltopper’ motif
• Design should be in a vertical format
• Must be reproduced in black & white and/or grayscale and no more than one other color
• Ohio University-Chillicothe will retain copyright and ownership of the winning submission.
Posted by Dean's Office at 2:25 PM